International Students Change of Information
Vincennes University is in the process of hiring a new Director of International Student Affairs. As such, the duties of this position are being handled by the following individuals:
- W. Anthony "Tony" Mahan is a DSO and will handle anything related to your F-1 visa, immigration status, SEVP and SEVIS. He can be reached at the Admissions Office, 20 W Indianapolis Avenue, 812.888.4319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wade (Ze) Chen is the contact person for the International Club, orientation, campus and community integration, event coordination, etc. He can be reached at Room 184B in Vigo Hall, 812.888.4156, email@example.com.
The Form I-20 indicates your:
- Country of birth & citizenship
- Date of birth
- Degree level (Bachelor's, Master's, PhD, other)
- Degree program (school/ department)
- Length of degree program
- Funding source and amount
Changes to any information in those areas require a new Form I-20 be prepared by International Student Affairs.
Change of Address
A student must inform the DSO at the Office of International Student Affairs of any change of address within 10 days of the change. The address provided by the student must be the actual physical location where the student resides rather than a mailing address. All address updates must be made within 10 days of moving or USCIS can consider you to be in violation of your status and terminate your F-1 status.
Change of Education Level
Are you switching from an Associate’s Degree to a Bachelor’s Degree or vice versa? If so, request a new I-20 for a change of education level by following this process:
- Complete the Change of Information Request Form.
- Contact Tony Mahan at 812-888-4319 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Passport, visa and I-94 card
- Current I-20
- Completed Change of Education Level Request form
- Admission letter for the new education level from the department
- Original funding document