Prospective International Students
Vincennes University Mission
Vincennes University, Indiana’s first college, is the State’s premier transfer institution and leader in innovative career programming. The VU community ensures educational access, delivers proven associate and baccalaureate programs, and offers cultural opportunities and community services in a diverse, student-centered, collegiate environment.
FAST FACTS about Vincennes University:
- Teaching... with a low student to faculty ratio of 16:1 and class sizes typically no bigger than 18, you’ll enjoy a personalized learning experience with expert faculty who are here to do one thing – teach you.
- Experience... active, hands-on learning is at the heart of the Vincennes University experience, whether you’re studying nursing or technology, homeland security or fine arts, or anything in between.
- Facilities... our beautiful 173+ acre campus
- Residence Life... 7 on-campus residence halls from which to choose and a technology living and learning community.
- Organizations... you can choose from more than 70 student organizations, not to mention year-round concerts, movie nights, dances, and much more.
- Transfers... as the state’s premier transfer institution, we have more than 300 articulation agreements with some of the region’s most respected private and public four-year colleges and universities.
- Intercollegiate Athletics... our 11 teams – ranging from basketball to bowling – compete at the NJCAA level of intercollegiate athletics, have won several national championships, and have produced a number of professional athletes.
- Careers... our powerful combination of programs, hands-on learning, technology, and personalized instruction – along with the guidance of our Career and Employer Relations Center – will offer you an unparalleled level of preparation for the professional world.
- Lower Cost... We take great pride in the fact that we’re Indiana’s most affordable residential college.
- Diversity... we are home to students from 20 countries, and 28 states in the U.S.