Veterans Education Benefits
VA Education benefits provide financial support for your experience at Vincennes University. This page will help you understand your benefits eligibility. For specific information about eligibility requirements and application process for each benefit program click on the links below or call Veterans Support Services at (812) 888-5421.
Applying for VA Education Benefits
In order to recieve your VA Education Benefits you will need to apply so that the VA can determine your eligibiliy. You can apply by completing one of the following forms online using VONAPP (Veterans On-Line Application):
- VA Form 22-1990: Initial Application for Education Benefits for military members or veterans
- VA Form 22-1990e: For dependents to whom Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) eligibility has been transferred
- VA Form 22-5490: For children of disabled veterans applying initially for the Dependent Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
If you have already used your VA Education benefits an anther institution, you can transfer your benefits to Vincennes University by filling out one of the following forms online using VONAAP:
- VA Form 22-1995: Change in Program/Place of Training, for those who have used the GI Bill at another institution
- VA Form 22-5495: Change of Place of Training, for those who have used Chapter 35 benefits at another institution
Options for Benefits
There are significant differences between Chapter 30 and Chapter 33 benefits. You can switch from the Chapter 30 program to Chapter 33, but the change is permanent, and should only be made after you understand the differing amounts of entitlement available under each program. To see a side by side comparison of the various VA Education Benefits programs visit the VA website to utilize the Benefit Comparison Tool.
The eBenefits web portal is an online resource for tools and benefits-related information. The portal serves Veterans, Service members, their families, and their caregivers. Register for a Premium account at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal. See below for the eBenefits fact sheet and tips for using the eBenefits portal.
Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.