Tuition Policies - Veterans Support Services
To be eligible for the in-state tuition rate at Vincennes University, students must meet one of the following qualifications:
1. Be a permanent resident of the state of Indiana
2. Be a permanent resident of the state of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, or Kentucky
3. Be a veteran who is utilizing their GI Bill® benefits or Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA), also known as Chapter 35, and reside in Indiana, regardless of their formal residence of record (per P.L. 116-315 and P.L. 117-68)
Students (both civilian and veteran) who reside outside of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, or Kentucky will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.
Current out-of-state tuition rates can be found here.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Yellow Ribbon is a provision of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® that allows out of state students to receive additional funding above the in-state cap. The GI Bill® will cover the in-state portion of a student's tuition and Yellow Ribbon will provide up to $2000 more per semester. Because this award is only for out of state students, veterans attending classes on campus do not need to apply; they are eligible to be billed as in-state students. You can read more about the program on the VA’s website here.
Yellow Ribbon: VU pays up to $1,000 a semester and the VA matches this amount for a total of up to $2,000 a semester or up to $4,000 per academic year.
- Must be billed as an out of state student
- Student must be 100% eligible for the GI Bill®
- We will not retroactively award Yellow Ribbon
For more detailed information on the assessment of tuition policies at Vincennes University, please see the VU Catalog.
Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.