Eligible students can qualify for Workforce Ready Grant funds from the State of Indiana!
The grant covers full tuition costs for eligible Hoosiers who pursue select credit bearing certificates with VU in one of the following high-growth sectors of Indiana’s economy: advanced manufacturing, building & construction, health & life sciences, information technology & business services, and transportation & logistics. The grant also provides up to $5,500.00 for eligible students who pursue a Next Level Jobs approved non-credit bearing training program with the University.
To qualify for a Workforce Ready Grant, one must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be an Indiana Resident and a U.S. Citizen (or eligible resident)
- Must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent) but less than a college degree
- Maintain Satsifactory Academic Progress
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for your desired academic year [Only for Credit Bearing Programs]
- Must enroll in one of the approved grant qualifying programs. (See Below)
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll as a full-time student for federal financial aid (typically four courses)
· If you are a Dependent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll at least as half-time student for federal financial aid (typically two courses)
· If you are an Independent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
The full grant eligibility requirements can be found here: http://www.nextleveljobs.org/workforce-ready-grant.html.
Credit Bearing Qualifying Programs
*Click each area of industry to see the credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area. Campuses where program is offered in parentheses.
Building & Construction
Health & Life Sciences
I.T. & Business Services
Transportation & Logistics
Non-Credit Bearing Qualifying Programs
*Click each area of industry to see the non-credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area.
Health & Life Sciences
Credit Bearing Programs:
- Make sure to indicate on the application that you are participating in the NextLevel Jobs initiative to have your application fee waived.
- FAFSA = Free Application for Federal Student Aid. File it annually to be eligible for federal financial aid and state grants. Some scholarship donors also require filing the FAFSA. Vincennes University's college code is 001843. All campuses of VU—Vincennes, Jasper, Aviation Technology Center, and American Sign Language Program—use this number.
Non-Credit Bearing Programs:
- Contact Bridget Butcher at email@example.com for more information on how to pursue your desired program of study.