About This Degree
Estimated Program Length
General Studies is a program designed for three types of students :
· Students who have not selected a specific major
· Students who have changed their educational goal but cannot fulfill all graduation requirements for a new major
· Students who seek to tailor their program for a particular transfer institution, without meeting program specific requirements at Vincennes University.
The hours of freely chosen electives may be any combination of 100 and 200 level courses which best serve students’ needs or interests. An additional 15 hours of 200-level elective courses are required for the program.
The ASCT degree requires six fewer credit hours of University Core Curriculum (General Education) than the AS degree, allowing students six additional hours of freely chosen electives.
For students enrolled in the Florida Education Program: Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 W. Gaines Street, Ste. 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400; toll free # (888) 224-6684.
· Written Communication Skills
· Speaking and Listening Skills
· Quantitative Reasoning
· Critical Thinking
· Integrative/Ethical Thinking
· Scientific Reasoning
· Social and Behavioral Reasoning
· Humanistic and Artistic Reasoning